Day of Latin American Songs in Westerdale Sat 20th December
LATIN AMERICAN SONGS IN THE NORTH OF ENGLAND!!!
With Alexander Technique to enhance vocal performance and confidence
To book a place call 07779 786076 or email: email@example.com
Join us for a day full of joy through singing a selection of energetic, uplifting and beautiful melodies from Latin America (even if you don't speak Spanish), lead by Camilo Menjura a Colombian musician very passionate about group singing, music sharing and community creation through music. Camilo has been working with choirs, singing projects and World music bands for the last 8 years in the UK and has been awarded 'Musician of the year’ 2012/13 & 2013/14 and 'Community Worker' 2012/13 by the Latin UK Awards. Southbank Centre in London (Voicelab), Tribe of Doris, Womad,Shambala, Sunrise & Musicport are some of the fetsivals and places where Camilo has done some of his workshops.
At the moment Camilo directs the 'LOLCHOIR" (Landscapes Of Latin-America ) in London, arranges the music and conducts the a cappella ensemble 'MixtapeManifesto" and leads singing workshops for several vocal ensembles.We promise you will feel the sunshine and warmth of Latin America -in Yorkshire- through singing a selection of songs from Colombia, Cuba, Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Dominican Republic, etc., along with their rhythms that vary from groovy to soothing, from tribal to romantic, ...
* If you want to know more about Camilo's work please visit:www.menjuramusic.comwww.lolchoir.com
Optional Latin dinner dance bring and share in the evening
Individual Alexander sessions by arrangement
Sat 20th Dec. 11am to 4pm
Cost for the day £25 (concessions available)
Westerdale Village Hall
- Botton Advent Fair
- Soul Readings with Julie Jurgan
- Botton Steiner School Advent Fair
- Mexican Vegetarian & vegan hot buffet at Grapes Inn, Scaling Dam Fri 21st Nov 7.30 p.m.
- Christmas Vegetarian & Vegan hot buffet at Grapes Inn, Scaling Dam, Fri 12th December 7.30p.m.
- Carols by Candlelight round the fire at Grapes Inn Friday 19th December 7.30p.m.
- An illustrated talk on chocolate & the history of Rowntrees donations in aid of Action for Botton
- Phil Martin with Steve Cooper & Guests 5th December at La Rosa, WHitby