Castalia String Quartet at Botton Village (Joan of Arc Hall) 15th March
The Castalia String Quartet
will perform in Joan of Arc Hall, Botton Village
at 8pm on Sunday the 15th March 2015
The programme will include:
Rasumovsky Quartet op59 no2 by Beethoven
Quartet op10 by Kodaly
Julian Cann – first violin
Jennie Jones – second violin
Robert Dick - viola
Sonia Hammond - cello
The Quartet takes its name from Castalia Hall, Ballytobin, Co. Kilkenny, an outstandingly beautiful wooden circular purpose built concert hall, where it held its first rehearsal and an early concert. Castalia is a spring on mount Parnassos, sacred to Apollo and the muses. Many writers and poets have been inspired by drinking, or more importantly, listening to the waters.
The quartet has performed in many venues all over Britain and Ireland and has a repertoire ranging from Haydn to the present day. It has established a strong working link with Camphill Communities in both countries and is particularly well known in Wales and the Marches for its performances of English music by Elgar, Britten, Bridge, Moeran and others.
Botton Village would like to open this event to the general public. There is no ticketing, but visitors are invited to make a financial contribution at the door.
- Botton Advent Fair
- Soul Readings with Julie Jurgan
- Botton Steiner School Advent Fair
- Mexican Vegetarian & vegan hot buffet at Grapes Inn, Scaling Dam Fri 21st Nov 7.30 p.m.
- Christmas Vegetarian & Vegan hot buffet at Grapes Inn, Scaling Dam, Fri 12th December 7.30p.m.
- Carols by Candlelight round the fire at Grapes Inn Friday 19th December 7.30p.m.
- An illustrated talk on chocolate & the history of Rowntrees donations in aid of Action for Botton
- Phil Martin with Steve Cooper & Guests 5th December at La Rosa, WHitby