Botton Village needs your support!
Come to Botton Village Open Day on Sunday 6th July & experience the wonderful & unique Botton Community, which is under threat.
Did you know that the way of life at Botton may soon change?
So far Botton has been a community where people with different abilities (including people with learning disabilities and co workers) have lived and worked together for the benefit of each other.
The co workers have worked in a voluntary capacity. Botton was set up with one of the founding principles being that care and support should not be done for money as this changes the nature of that care or support. However, the co workers are now being told they must become employed or leave Botton. This would radically change the nature of the Botton community into one of employees and those being cared for.
Action for Botton
A new support group called “Action for Botton” has been formed by local people to rally support for Botton as an intentional community where care and support is built into community life and is not done for money.
Come to Botton Village Open Day on Sunday 6th July (11a.m. to 5p.m.) and show your support for a community under threat.
Admission is free
Rail & Moorsbus travellers pick-up and drop-off at Danby Station at: 11.04, 11.54, 13.24, 14.34, 16.03, 17.13
Open Day attractions include:
- Open hay-cart rides
- side shows
- Games & flying fox
- Hand crafted products
- Organic food and baking
- July 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- Botton Advent Fair
- Soul Readings with Julie Jurgan
- Botton Steiner School Advent Fair
- Mexican Vegetarian & vegan hot buffet at Grapes Inn, Scaling Dam Fri 21st Nov 7.30 p.m.
- Christmas Vegetarian & Vegan hot buffet at Grapes Inn, Scaling Dam, Fri 12th December 7.30p.m.
- Carols by Candlelight round the fire at Grapes Inn Friday 19th December 7.30p.m.
- An illustrated talk on chocolate & the history of Rowntrees donations in aid of Action for Botton
- Phil Martin with Steve Cooper & Guests 5th December at La Rosa, WHitby