About Valley News
About Valley News
“Valley News” is a monthly newsletter bringing Esk Valley news, views and anecdotes. Running to over 70 pages, Valley News features regular contributions such as Local News, Coming Events, plus regular activities and services in addition to interviews, reports and recollections from the people, groups and communities of the Esk Valley. The Dispensary featured in an edition of Valley News earlier this year.
Just to give you a taste of what you can expect - July’s edition included “A Search for Identity” an in depth interview with local artist Peter Hicks, which explored his inspiration and motivation in the context of both his education and life story. A report on the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations from around the valley provided a colourful centre page spread of village photos. The newsletter was also interspersed with interesting and informative articles on, for example, “Granite” (local geology), “Farming Sixty Years ago” (recollections of a local farmer), as well as an introduction to “The Old School Coffee Shop”, Grosmont which is a new local enterprise. A contingent of The Dispensary team visited the café on this recommendation and found the cake to be delicious and the welcome warm!
Perhaps you have a suggestion for an article or contribution you would like to make to Valley News, or you have a business, group or service you would like to advertise. If so, please get in touch with the editors, Nicola and Pascal of Basement Press at the contact details below.
Valley News is priced at £1.50 per edition and is sold in local shops in the Upper Esk Valley.
If you would like to receive the newsletter by post, this costs £20.90 for 12 issues.
Published by: Basement Press, www.basementpress.com (printed by Camphill Press, Botton)
Please contact Nicola Chalton & Pascal Thivillon on
By post: Valley News, The Old Parsonage, Glaisdale, Whitby. North Yorkshire. YO21 2PL.
- July 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- Botton Advent Fair
- Soul Readings with Julie Jurgan
- Botton Steiner School Advent Fair
- Mexican Vegetarian & vegan hot buffet at Grapes Inn, Scaling Dam Fri 21st Nov 7.30 p.m.
- Christmas Vegetarian & Vegan hot buffet at Grapes Inn, Scaling Dam, Fri 12th December 7.30p.m.
- Carols by Candlelight round the fire at Grapes Inn Friday 19th December 7.30p.m.
- An illustrated talk on chocolate & the history of Rowntrees donations in aid of Action for Botton
- Phil Martin with Steve Cooper & Guests 5th December at La Rosa, WHitby