A Great Tribute
Last night at Whitby's Spa Pavilion a musical tribute was held for one of Whitby's 'movers and shakers'. John Barber sadly passed away in June having left a lasting impact on the area's musical community.
Involved, over the years, with The Eskdale Festival of the Arts, the Whitby Young Musician's Trust, Whitby Music Centre, Hawsker Music School and his own bands, John requested that a concert be held in aid of the Oncology Ward at James Cook Hospital, where he received excellent care.
The concert was to reflet his influence and interest in music over the years and a fantastic lineup was put together by John's youngest son, Will.
Featuring much local talent from performers both young and old, the concert was a great success and a great tribute to a man so much admired and respected.
Attended by people from the local community as well as friends, relatives and colleagues from around the country, the Northern Lights Suite at the Spa was full of people, enjoying a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, a family atmosphere, most fitting for a concert in memory of such a relaxed, friendly man.
Below are some photos and video from the event. Enjoy!
- July 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- Botton Advent Fair
- Soul Readings with Julie Jurgan
- Botton Steiner School Advent Fair
- Mexican Vegetarian & vegan hot buffet at Grapes Inn, Scaling Dam Fri 21st Nov 7.30 p.m.
- Christmas Vegetarian & Vegan hot buffet at Grapes Inn, Scaling Dam, Fri 12th December 7.30p.m.
- Carols by Candlelight round the fire at Grapes Inn Friday 19th December 7.30p.m.
- An illustrated talk on chocolate & the history of Rowntrees donations in aid of Action for Botton
- Phil Martin with Steve Cooper & Guests 5th December at La Rosa, WHitby